Saturday, January 24, 2015

100th Day of School!

We reached a huge milestone this week in my class... the 100th Day of School!!!!
It was a day that I hope my kiddos will never forget! Their excitement and huge smiles made the day even more fun and special :)
I had a blast with my kiddos and am so proud of all they have accomplished so far this year! We had a BIG celebration with a day full of activities all about the number 100!

Check out our 100th day of school celebration:

We entered the classroom with this fun decoration that I have seen on Pinterest.
I love how the kiddos kept saying how they felt like they were going through a car wash! Too cute!

We started the day with cookies!!! We made the number 100 with our cookies before we ate them!

We completed a mystery picture with it being the number 100 of course!


We made a prediction on where we think we would stop if we took 100 steps out of our classroom. We wrote our predictions.

Then we traced our foot, cut it out, and were on our way to test out our predictions! 
When we stopped, we hung up our foot on the wall! 
We stopped right next to the bathrooms!


 

We made fruit loop necklaces with 100 fruit loops! First we placed the fruit loops on a hundreds chart to make sure we had 100 fruit loops.
   

Then it was time to start putting the fruit loops on yarn! 
**Note: I placed a small piece of tape on the table to hold the string down and a small piece of tape at the other end to hep the yarn from splitting. It made it very easy for the kiddos to slide the fruit loops on the yarn.
   

   


We decorated these super stylish 100 glasses!


We also made a 100th day hat! First we put the base of the hat together.


Then we added the crazy fun part! 
We placed 10 strips of construction paper across the base of the hat.

We placed 10 stickers or drew 10 things on each strip to make 100 altogether.


This was our completed hats!

   

Here we are all decked out with our 100th day accessories!! 
   

I had to join in on the fun too!
   


We worked so hard to write 100 words! This was quite the task! I was so proud of my kiddos tho! We made it to 60 words! We decided that we will keep working on getting to 100 words next week :)
   


We made 100 dots on a circle and turned it into a gum ball machine! (10 colors with 10 dots each)
   

We also made 100th day trail mix!
   



We took 100 cups and made a cup tower out of them. We made the entire tower without it falling over once! I was so impressed. This was so much fun to see!
   


We talked about having $100 and what we would do if we had $100!
   


Little did they know... I had $100 for them!!! 
(PRETEND $100 of course!)

Benjamin Franklin was replaced with their faces!


I also gave each of them their very own certificate for our celebration!

The next day, I had my students write about what their favorite 100th day activity was.



I hope all of you have a wonderful 100th day of school! It was such a fun and special day for us! 

You can grab these 100th day activities at my TPT store HERE or click on the picture below:

2 comments:

  1. Goodness! I'm impressed with how much stuff you were able to accomplish in one day!! Love all your ideas!
    Daisy Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda!! That means so much to me! I was one tired teacher at the end of the day, but all of the kiddos happiness and excitement was worth it! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...