Monday, August 5, 2013

Back to School! Parent Handbook Flip Book!


At the beginning of the year, I like to inform the families about different topics related to how I run my classroom and also some important information about the school. 

I always send home TONS of papers with students the first day. I can only imagine how overwhelmed a family must be when they open up their child's folder and see 10 papers just from me! 

I wanted a place where I could communicate with my families all in one place. I created this really fun and eye-catching Parent Handbook Flip Book for the families in my class!

I will be sending this flip book home on the first day of school with my students. This is also a great thing to pass out during 'Meet the Teacher Night'. 

I love this flip book because rather than there being all of those loose papers in a students folder, I have compiled them all together into a super cute flip book! 
This is a fun way to share your classroom information with the parents and will surely impress them!





*Here is an example of a flip book that was made and translated into Spanish!


I have created this flip book so that you can have one for your very own classroom! 
You can download this flip book at my TPT store and I have made it EDITABLE so that you can make everything relate to your classroom and your school. This flip book can be used in any grade!


**Just a Note:

You can grab this Editable Flip Book at my TPT Store or you can click the picture below:

Here is a sample of what I typed on each page. Click on the picture to view it zoomed in:
   

   

   

   




   I hope you can find this useful for your classroom! Thanks for stopping by! :)

13 comments:

  1. great flip book. you helped my 3rd grade daughter create her science presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how I'd reach out to parents this year. I believe I've found it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is AWESOME! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a way to see the actual info that you put on each of the different pages? What did you put on the "Welcome" page? What info is on your "Transportation" page? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, of course! I just added those 2 page that you asked for at the bottom of this flip book post. I hope this helps :)

      Delete
    2. Could you add pictures of the other info pages?? PLEASSSEEEE!! This is great! :)

      Delete
    3. The actual text would be so helpful!

      Delete
    4. HI!! I wanted to let you know that I have added all of the pages of my flip book for you to see with everything I have written in my parent handbook flip book :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer! Means a lot! I absolutely LOVE your blog!! :)

      Delete
  6. This is exactly what I was looking for! It really helped me create my own template for my open house coming up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! So glad you were able to create your own for your classroom! Thank you for your sweet and kind words! Happy Back to School! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...